Best Steps for Cats With Arthritis
Top 5 Steps for Cats With Arthritis
The size of this product is perfect for adventurous cats who always reach the highest places in the house. It has a sturdy foundation made of pressed wood. Armarkat Pet Steps Stairs Ramp is perfect for large cats. The maximum holding weight is 70 pounds.
The steps are made of pet-friendly faux fleece material.
These are the multi level steps for cats with arthritis. The construction is easy to assemble. It can take you from 5 to 10 minutes to build these steps. The product is made of durable material.
- easy-to-build product
- pet-friendly materials
- made for large cats
- you may need a felt-tip as the foundation can scratch the floor
- the carpeting is not removable for washing
- Dimensions: 25 in x 25 in x 17 in
- Shipping Weight: 23.5 pounds
- Covering Material: faux fleece
It is another great option of multi level steps for cats with arthritis. The steps are already assembled, so you don’t need to waste time to build them. New Cat Condos Large Pet Stairs are made of solid wood that can withhold recording 100 pounds.
However, the material may have some cracks. It doesn’t affect the quality of these steps, so you shouldn’t worry at all. The stairs are covered with household carpet which guarantees good amortization.
New Cat Condos Large Pet Stairs are quite sturdy. They can also be a cool scratching post for your kitty. Its carpet material is created for sharpening the claws. So when you buy these steps you get a 2-in-1 product. The carpet color may vary.
- the steps are already fully assembled
- very solid
- low price
- natural wood sometimes may have cracks or other damages
- the carpet color may differ from what you see in the picture
- Product Dimensions: 20 in x 20 in x 20 in
- Shipping Weight: 26 pounds
- Covering Material: grade carpet
These steps are available in 3 types: 3-step, 4-step, and 5-step configurations. So they can easily match the height of your sofa, bed or nightstand.
The weight of Pet Steps/Stairs is only 8.6 pounds because this product is made of mattress-grade cushioning. It creates high amortization and minimizes pressure on your cat’s joints. Moreover, this cover can be removed, It is absolutely machine-washable! So you won’t have to spend a lot of time cleaning off fur manually.
Pet Steps/Stairs is also the most stylish model with the recording 8 amazing colors to choose from. You can be sure that it will fit your decor.
- very lightweight
- 8 unique colors and 4 stylish patterns
- anti-slip bottom
- colors may differ from what you see in the picture
- Product Dimensions: 30 in x 15 in x 22.5 in
- Shipping Weight: 8.6 pounds
- Covering Materia: mattress-grade cushioning
The manufacturers state that they created this model especially for cats with arthritis. So what makes this product unique?
These steps are designed with a cushion. It nullifies the possibility of any injuries or harm that can be caused to your pet. Moreover, the makers state they also thought about owners. They provided the Majestic Pet Portable Pet Stairs with a sturdy foam insert. So you won’t get yourself hurt when bumping into these steps in the middle of the night. The cover is totally removable and machine-washable. Just take off the cover and wash it on a gentle cycle.The steps do not slide around, and you can be sure your cat will be safe when climbing them.
- pet-safe material
- sturdy foam insert
- very lightweight
- some users state the steps can’t support heavy cats
- Product Dimensions: 24 in x 16 in x 20 in
- Shipping Weight: 7.2 pounds
- Covering Material: durable upholstery
Features to consider
It is one of the most important features you should take into consideration. Steps for cats with arthritis should be made of a very soft, yet shock-absorbing material to reduce the pressure on your pet’s joints.
The insert should be made of a sturdy foam or other material that won’t cause any harm to your cat if it accidentally bumps into it in the middle of the night.
Your cat is a predator, right? So like any furry animal it has to reach its favorite place to track the prey from. Even if it is the highest place in the whole house. So the height of steps for cats is also very important. Make sure it matches the height of your cats favorite places. Pay attention to models with different step configurations to choose the right one.
Cats with arthritis usually have wobbly walking, they may limp and be less mobile as a result. So they gain weight and can be really heavy. The product used by heavy limping or wobbly walking cat has to be durable.
Types of steps for cats with arthritis
Wooden Cat Steps
This type of steps is solid, durable and has safety side rails. It guarantees your cat can safely climb this wooden mountain. They can fold for more compact storage. It is convenient when you travel abroad and take your fluffy friend with you.
Plastic Cat Steps
These models don’t have any cushioning. So plastic cat steps are created for healthier cats with the inception phase of arthritis. However, they are easier to clean and transport. The fur won’t get stuck in a fuzzy cover, and you won’t waste your time washing it all day.
Carpeted Cat Steps
It is a perfect choice for cats with arthritis. They create great amortization and keep your cat’s joints safe. Such models are a 2-in-1 purchase as they can also be a good scratching post for your cat. Carpeted cat steps are usually manufactured with the insert made of sturdy foam. It also reduces the number of injuries and makes this type of steps 100% safe for your friend.
Cardboard Cat Steps
It is the cheapest yet short-lived type of steps. It is an eco-friendly product which is easy to keep and transport. However, it’s only a substitute for the real steps until you find the perfect variant for your pet.
Do the steps help make cats with arthritis feel more comfortable?
Steps for cats with arthritis are created to give your cat a much higher quality of life. They can ease a cat’s life in different ways.
- lower the pressure on cat’s joins
- raise your cat’s mood by helping to reach all its favorite places in the house
- help your cat to lose weight (it will make more movements a day when using the steps constantly)
Where can the steps be used?
Find your cat’s favorite place in the house. That’s where you should place the newly bought steps. If you are not sure, just follow up your pet’s actions during the day.
Make sure the surface is not slippery for the steps and install them using the manual inside the box.
- get laminated flooring (it is a guarantee that your cat won’t slip and get injured)
- buy a couple of non-slip rugs and position it in the places where your cat is the most active
- place a couple of low-sided litter trays in your house (squatting is very difficult for cats with arthritis, so it may refuse to go to the toilet to the end)
- make exercises (it is useful for cat’s joints. Use laser pointers or other toys for interactive playtime)
- carry your cat (if you go downstairs every night and your cat follows you everywhere, you can make it easier for it to move by carrying it)
- help your cat with grooming (if it is hard for your cat to groom certain parts of its body, help it by cleaning this area)
Cats with arthritis require special care every day. One of the most important rules is to make their life safe and comfortable. Make your cat feel as if it has no physical disabilities by using special steps for cats.
Remember that your cat’s favorite areas have to be as accessible as they were before.
Place the steps on these locations (make sure the surface is not slippery). Steps can help your cat stay active all day long and not change its daily routines.
Choose the right type of steps. Think about the way you’ll use the steps for cats with arthritis. Is it supposed to be used only in the house? Or will you be travelling with these steps? Choose the model that corresponds to your cat’s needs.
Best steps for cats with arthritis guarantee that your cat will have less pain. It will be in a good mood and even lose weight. You definitely can make its life healthier and longer.
Also, please check out our article that contains great cat tree options for older cats to enrich your pet’s life even more!
Give your cat a proper medication, control its weight and install the steps. The combination of these three elements will do magic.
So give this product a chance and you’ll see the result very soon!